Local information and Support
Windhill21 are working with Hertfordshire MHST (Herts & West Essex Mental Health Support Teams)
Hertfordshire MHST works within partner educational settings to provide early help and preventative support for mental health and well-being needs for children and young people aged 5-19 years.
MHSTs have 3 core functions:
- To deliver evidence-based interventions for mild-to-moderate mental health issues;
- Support the mental health lead in each school or college to introduce or develop whole school or college approach and;
- Give timely advice to school and college staff and liaise with external specialist services to help children and young people to get the right support and stay in education.
If you would like further information or support for your child, please contact our Pastoral Lead by calling the main office number 01279 696850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mental Health Support Team is not an emergency service and is unable to provide urgent or crisis care. If a child or young person is in a crisis, you should:
• Call Freephone 0800 6444 101 (Single Point of Access (SPA) 24/7 Mental Health Helpline)
• NHS 111 and select option 2 for mental health service
• If they are seriously ill or injured, dial 999 for the emergency services or attend A&E
Further services available to support children and families:
National Domestic violence
Advice for Domestic Violence
Children who have witnessed Domestic Violence
Supporting Children’s Mental Health
NSPCC- Supporting Children with SEND
Coping with Bereavement
Local Offer for Children with SEND
Cost of Living
With rising living costs, especially fuel and accommodation, food is often part of the budget that gets cut. If you’re struggling to make ends meet, or get enough food on the table, to electricity on the meter, please see below some links that may be able to support you and your family.
Fare Share- Fighting Hunger, tackling food waste
Local Food Banks